May 19th, 2018 at Monster Lake
Cody Medical Foundation presents the Third Annual Cutthroat Classic to benefit health related projects for the citizens of Cody and Meeteetse. You’re invited to the Cutthroat Classic Fly Fishing tournament at Monster Lake on May 19 brought to you by the Cody Medical Foundation. Teams of two will compete during their assigned heat for $2,000 in cash prizes. The entry fee is $250/person or $500/ team of 2 which includes rod fees, commemorative gift, light breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
A few changes this year to make the Cutthroat Classic even better include:
- Guides will/can actively participate in the performance of each team during the morning and afternoon heats. This means guides can recommend the type flies to be used in the competition, tie tippet on, and so forth. Guides cannot hook and/or land fish. Guides will still net and measure fish. Guide gratuities are allowed and appreciated.
- This year heats are longer!
- Anglers can fish between competitive events in the morning and afternoon by walking the shoreline of Monster Lake. Anglers that are not competing, must give competitive boats plenty of After all, this a competition! Chest or Waist-high waders highly recommended when wading the shoreline. Fly rods should be six weight rod or higher to land Monster Lake trout quickly and efficiently to keep them alive after the release. Leaders and tippet strength should be 3X or heavier!
- There will be a BBQ following the tournament which will include an award presentation. Free for team members and tournament guides. It’s open to public for a small fee. If you’re not in the tournament, please RSVP by May 12.
Check in: 8:15am
Heat 1: 9am-12:30pm
Heat 2: 2pm-5:30pm
BBQ and Award presentation to follow
- $1,500 Cash-Team prize for most fish caught
- $500 Cash- Individual prize for longest fish
Individual Registration $250
Team Registration $500
Call Marty with Questions or to Register #307-250-0454.
Thank You to our Event Sponsors!
Best Western Hotels, Cody, WY | Northern Wyoming Surgical Center